Reasons for data collection
The processing of your personal information (i.e. any information that could potentially identify you by reasonable means; hereinafter "Personal Information") is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations to you and to provide you with our services, to protect our legitimate interests and to comply with the regulatory obligations (legal and financial) to which we are subject.
What information do we collect?
We collect two types of data and information about our Users.
The first type is non-identifying and non-personally identifiable information about one or more Users that may be made available to us or collected as a result of their use of the Site ("Non-Personal Information"). We do not know the identity of the Users from whom such Non-Personal Information is collected. Non-Personal Information that is collected may include your aggregate usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain computer software and hardware information (e.g., the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language settings, time of access, etc.) to improve the functionality of our Site. We may also collect information about your activity on the Site (e.g., pages viewed, online navigation, clicks, actions, etc.).
The second type is Personal Information, which is individually identifying information that identifies an individual or is likely, by reasonable means, to identify an individual. This information includes:
- Device Information: We collect Personal Information about your device that includes geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers (e.g., MAC address and UUID) and other information related to your activity on the Site.
- Registration Information: When you register on our Site, we will ask you to provide certain information, such as your first and last name, e-mail or postal address, and other information.
How do we receive information about you?
Your Personal Information is collected in several ways:
- When you voluntarily provide your personal data by registering on our Site;
- When you use or access our Site in connection with your use of our services;
- From third party providers, services and public registries (e.g. traffic analysis providers).
What information do we collect?
We may use information for the following purposes:
- Communicate with you: by sending you messages about our services, providing you with technical information and answering any customer service questions you may have;
- Communicate with you and inform you of the latest updates and new services;
- Show you advertisements when you use our Site (see the "Advertisements" section for more information);
- Promote our websites and products (see the "Marketing" section for more information);
- Conduct statistical and analytical surveys to improve the Site.
- In addition to the various uses mentioned above, we may transfer or disclose Personal Information to our subsidiaries, affiliates and contractors.
- Hosting and operating our Site;
- To provide you with our services, including a personalized display of our Site;
- To store and process such information on our behalf;
- To show you advertisements and to help us measure the success of our advertising campaigns to allow us to retarget our users (if applicable);
- To provide you with marketing offers and promotional content related to our Site and services;
- To carry out research, technical or analytical diagnoses;
You can ask :
- Receive confirmation of the processing of your personal information (or notice that your personal information is not being processed, if applicable) and access to your stored personal information, as well as additional information.
- Receive a copy of the personal information you have voluntarily provided to us in a structured, commonly used, computer-readable format.
- Request correction of your personal information that we store.
- Request the deletion of your personal information.
- Refuse to have your personal information processed.
- Request that we limit the processing of your personal information.
- File a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Please note, however, that these rights are not absolute and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights or receive more information, please contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services, and as necessary to meet our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined by the type of information collected and the purpose for which it was collected, taking into account the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy obsolete and unused information in a timely manner. In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, we will maintain records of customer personal information, account opening documents, communications, and any other required information.
We may correct, supplement or delete incomplete or incorrect information at any time at our sole discretion.
A "cookie" is a small piece of information that a website assigns to your device when you visit the site. Cookies are very useful and their use can serve a variety of purposes, including allowing you to move efficiently from page to page, enabling automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences, and allowing you to interact with our Services more quickly and easily. Cookies are also used to ensure that the advertisements you see match your interests and are personalized accordingly, and to compile statistical data about your use of our Services.
The Site uses the following types of cookies:
a. "Session cookies" which are kept only temporarily during your browsing session to allow normal use of the system, and are deleted from your device when you close the browser;
b. Persistent cookies" that are read only by the Site, are stored on your computer for a specific period of time and are not deleted when the browser is closed. These cookies are used when we need to recognize you on repeat visits, for example, to allow us to remember your preferences the next time you log on;
c. "Third-party cookies" that are set by other online services that manage content on the page you are viewing, for example, by third-party analytics companies that monitor and analyze our web access.
Cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information about you, but we may associate Personal Information about you that we store with information stored and obtained by cookies. You can delete cookies by following the instructions in your device preferences. Please be aware, however, that if you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Site may not function properly and your online experience may be limited.
Collection of information by third parties
How do we protect your information?
Transfer of data outside the EEA
Please note that some data recipients may be located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). In such cases, we will only transfer your data to such countries as approved by the European Commission by providing an adequate level of data protection, or we will establish legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
We may use third-party advertising technology to serve ads when you access the Site. This technology uses information about your use of the Services to serve ads to you (for example, by placing third-party cookies on your web browser).
You may opt out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") and the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA"). For more information from NAI and DAA members about this practice and about your choices regarding the use of this information by these companies, including how to opt out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ and http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/.
We may use your Personal Information, including your name, email address, telephone number, etc., by ourselves or through subcontractors to provide you with promotional content regarding services that we believe may be of interest to you.
Out of respect for your right to privacy, we include in this promotional content the means to opt-out of receiving further promotional offers from us. If you unsubscribe, we will remove your email address or phone number from our marketing distribution lists.
Please note that even if you unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us, we may send you other types of important email communications without giving you the option to unsubscribe. These may include customer service messages or administrative notifications.
We understand the importance of protecting the privacy of children, especially in an online environment. The Site is not intended for use by children. Under no circumstances do we allow our services to be used by minors without the prior consent or authorization of a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. If a parent becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without consent (or if a guardian becomes aware that the child for whom he or she is responsible has provided us with Personal Information without consent), he or she should contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any general questions about the Site or our collection and use of your information, please contact us at: email@example.com
Identity of our company
214 Chemin de l'Affama
83440 Montauroux (France)
Last modified 04/20/2023